Dr Salina Jamani
BSc (honours), MBBS, DCH, FRACGP
I enjoy working in sexual and reproductive health and aim to provide my patients with compassionate and quality care.
I feel strongly about womens health and endeavour to provide women and their families with safe, non-judgemental choices regarding their reproductive choices.
I have worked in various obstetric hospitals, sexual health clinics, family planning and more widely in general practice.
Although I am a specialist GP, I primarily run a busy procedure list at Clinic 66, so you'll generally find me in the operating room.
I am a member of the Royal Australian College of General Practice and The Australasian Society for HIV Medicine
" My role as a specialist and procedural GP is to empower individual freedom of choice for women and men".
• S Jamani, T Gulholm, I M Poynten, et al. Timing and frequency of chlamydia and gonorrhoea testing in a cross-sectional study of HIV postexposure prophylaxis recipients. Sex Transm Infect 2013 89: 604-606
• T Gulholm, S Jamani, and D J Templeton. Non-occupational HIV post-exposure prophylaxis at a Sydney metropolitan sexual health clinic. Sexual Health 2013 10(5):438
• S Jamani, T Gulholm, D J Templeton et al. Prevalence and predictors of gonorrhea and chlamydia among non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis recipients at a Sydney Metropolitan Sexual Health Clinic. IUSTI World Congress (2012), poster presentation
• T Gulholm, S Jamani, I M Poynten et al. Non-occupational Post-exposure Prophylaxis at a Sydney Metropolitan Sexual Health Clinic. Australasian HIV/AIDS Conference (2012), poster presentation
• Proteomic analysis of cardiomyocytes, Johns Hopkins University (2001), NHLBI Proteomics Centre
• Thesis Project: Assembly and Role of Lipoprotein (a), Queen’s University (1999-2001), Department of Biochemistry